The future of the PID Forum is assured!

The PID Forum was created by the FREYA project as one of its activities funded by the European Commission’ Horizon 2020 programme (Grant Agreement number 777523).

The FREYA project is now coming to an end, but the FREYA team invited applications to continue operating and developing the PID Forum after the end of the project. Six applications were received, and an evaluation committee led by FREYA and consisting of current PID Forum moderators (excluding any affiliated with applicant organisations) conducted a systematic evaluation using criteria such as capability for technical hosting of the PID Forum, commitment to promotion and sustainability, and ideas for further development.

We are very pleased to announce that NISO, the National Information Standards Organization, has been selected to take over the PID Forum and continue it as a global resource. NISO is very engaged with the worldwide PID community and already helps with moderation for the PID Forum.

The FREYA team is very pleased that this valuable resource for the community will continue into the future.

7 Likes

So excited for this - looking forward to working with you all!

2 Likes

Hi again everyone, as you may have seen, the news about NISO being the PID Forum’s new host is now official! We posted this announcement earlier today, and there’s also a post on the FREYA blog. We will officially take on responsibility for the Forum in late January, to coincide with PIDapalooza :slight_smile:
There’s a moderators meeting in a couple of weeks, and we’ll update you again after that. We’ll also be asking for your input on the next iteration of the Forum. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions.
Thanks for this great opportunity - I and all my colleagues at NISO are very excited and looking forward to working with you all, Alice

1 Like