The Digital Preservation Coalition exists to connect people and enable ever closer collaboration towards a shared global challenge; and yet we find ourselves with new and surprising advice about isolation and distancing. Isolation should not mean lack of solidarity.
From Thursday 19th March, starting with a session at 12:30 GMT, we’re launching a new platform called #DPConnect to provide an ongoing, online presence at regular intervals each day, run so that it is available at time zones around the world.
It is a chance to check in with each other and provide a social moment of interaction with peers and co-workers. The gatherings are not long, 30 minutes max, they have no agenda and no themes - although you are welcome to share work problems and challenges - or just check in with each other if you are struggling or feel isolated. Longer meetings can continue once others have left if required. We’ll use the hashtag #dpconnect when we discuss it on twitter.
If we succeed, the global digital preservation community will come out of this period of isolation better connected.
###Who can use #DPConnect?
- DPConnect is available to everyone in the digital preservation community, DPC Members and non-members alike, provided all participants are respectful and supportive of one another and adhere to the DPC’s Inclusion and Diversity Policy (see more below).
How to #DPConnect?
- #DPConnect will use the DPC’s online Zoom facility.
- Choose from one or more of three daily sessions, Monday - Friday.
- Connect by phone or web.
- DPC members may access the sessions they would like to attend directly, by logging into the website to reveal the joining information.
- Non-Members who would like to attend the sessions may request the joining information by clicking on their preferred timing below.
- Re-usable meeting links: Pick your region or timezone and it will be the same meeting ID or URL each day.
- Each session to be captained by a DPC Staff Member or volunteer (see Guidance for Sessions Captains and to volunteer please email email@example.com).
- Australasia and Asia - Mon to Fri - Timing TBC
- Europe and Africa - Mon to Fri - 12:30 GMT
- The Americas and Pacific- Mon to Fri - 12:30 PDT (19:30 GMT)