As 2022 comes to a close, ROR has one last request for feedback. You’ll almost certainly want to chime in on this one: our draft proposal of major changes to the ROR data model for schema version 2.0. Comments are open until
February 5, 2023 February 12, 2023, and we hope to release version 2.0 of the ROR schema and API in late 2023.
There are four major categories of alteration we’re proposing for ROR schema 2.0:
- Standardizing, clarifying, and reorganizing name fields (
- Removing repetitive, excessively granular location information retrieved from the GeoNames API (sub-fields in
- Rethinking web domain information (
- Restructuring external identifiers to allow future addition or removal of identifier types without schema changes (sub-fields in
- Adding administrative information such as created and last modified dates
Many of these are breaking changes, but we think it’s better to do a lot of them all at once so that future changes to the schema can be made with minimal disruption to existing ROR integrations. Read more in our blog post “Schema Scheming: Evolving the ROR Data Model.”
Let us know what you think by commenting in the proposal Google Doc (so that the conversation all happens in one place) or emailing email@example.com before
February 5th, 2023 February 12, 2023.