For those of you attending RDA Plenary 17 next week, please consider coming along to the Scholix session on Tuesday 20 April at 12.45 UTC/13.45 BST.
Particularly we’d welcome feedback on open discussion about the most important blockers for adoption, and work needed going forward in 2020. Details of the session are as follows:
The Scholix Working Group is in maintenance mode, focussing on adoption of the Scholix metadata schema and growing the Scholix community. The objectives of this session are:
- Introduction to Scholix for new users
- Update on the adoption of Scholix, looking at the number of data citations, broken down by repository, publisher, discipline and over time
- updates on the activities of the Scholix community, in particular work on bibliometrics for data citations
- open discussion about most important blockers for adoption, and work needed going forward in 2020
- Introduction to Scholix (15 min)
- Scholix in numbers (OpenAIRE 10 min, DataCite/Crossref 10 min, STM, 5 min)
- Using Scholix for Bibliometrics (Meaningful Data Counts Project, 15 min)
- Open discussion:
- What are the big problems the Scholix community hasn’t solved yet?
- What is the work that should be done to address those problems in 2020?
- Data repositories who want to understand better how to contribute to and consume data citations with Scholix,
- Publishers who want to understand better how to contribute data citations from their publications to Scholix,
- Consumers (e.g. SMEs, scholarly services) of Scholix data citation links who want to better understand how they can re-use the information collected and distributed by the Scholix community,
- Scholix hubs who want to learn more about how to help with Scholix adoption.
Hope to see you there!