PID Guide on NCDD website

Hi everyone,

I came across this PID Guide on the website of the NCDD (Netherlands Coalition for Digital Preservation): http://www.ncdd.nl/en/pid-wijzer/
I believe it was created in 2016. The information on the website seemed interesting to me in the context of PID training and awareness raising. It has a PID FAQ and a guide to chose a PID system.

Best wishes,
Ricarda

2 Likes

Hi Ricarda and others,
The PID Guide is available through www.pidwijzer.nl. In addition to the guide, the site contains best practice documents on how Dutch cultural heritage organisations implemented PIDs. Very recently, the site has (in the best practice section) a list of Dutch organisations (both cultural heritage and science) who publish PIDs.
We are planning a ‘PID Guide SDK’ that will allow others to easily create PID Guides for their domain/purposes. Feel free to contact me for more information.
Regards,
Remco
Persistent Identifiers project lead @ Dutch Digital Heritage Network & Digital Preservation Officer @ National Archives of the Netherlands

2 Likes

Thank you Remco for this update. This is very interesting!
Actually within the FREYA project, my colleague @maddenfc is coordinating the training activities and they were looking at the PIDwijzer as well. She might want to talk more about this with you.

Best wishes,
Ricarda

Hi Remco

Thanks indeed for this update - it’s really interesting to hear about the plans and it is very relevant to the training materials we are developing within FREYA. I would definitely like to hear more about your forthcoming guide. Perhaps we could arrange a call to discuss? I’ll reach out to you privately to see about setting up a time.

All the best
Frances