Persistent identifier jokes, fun, humor?

Does anyone here know persistent identifier jokes? There hardly seem to be any. People could start to see us as a very serious community.
(It is also hard to find archivist humor. At least librarians love a good joke, they always get the reference.)
Please share your persistent identifier jokes, fun, humor.

1 Like

Why did the DOI refuse to go on a date with the metadata? Because it was worried of getting too much information
:crazy_face:

I asked Bard, this is what it came up with:

Why did the DOI, ORCID, and ROR go to the bar?
To get a drink and unwind after a long day of being persistent!

Not half bad :dart:

1 Like

Persistent identifiers have it tough. Even when they have nothing to show, the show must go on.

Why did the PID cross the road? It saw a crosswalk. PIDs love crosswalks, what can I say?

I knew an identifier that struggled for years. People enjoyed working with it. It had great metadata like a title, authors…even a type. But it had never gotten a date. But finally one day, it did. And you want to know why? Because it was persistent.

1 Like
  1. Why did the digital object identifier break up with the URL? It wanted something more permanent in the relationship!
  2. Why do persistent identifiers make terrible comedians? Because they always want their jokes to be cited!
  3. Why was the persistent identifier afraid of the dark? Because it didn’t want to be non-resolvable!
  4. I told my computer I needed a break from all the DOI links. It replied, “I can’t handle that!”
  5. How do you organize a space party? You planet with ORCID iDs!
  6. What do you call an overworked DOI? A stretched thin identifier!
  7. Why did the researcher get along so well with their persistent identifier? Because it never left their side and always pointed to their achievements!
  8. Persistent identifiers and researchers have a symbiotic relationship: one cannot survive without being cited by the other!
2 Likes